Our EYFS Vision and Curriculum
The John Bamford Primary School EYFS Vision Statement
In the Early Years Foundation Stage at The John Primary School, our mission is to provide an enabling environment which promotes the learning and development of every child attending our setting. Our EYFS curriculum is designed to ensure that children develop the knowledge, learning and life-long skills that they need to succeed in life. Our learning includes a balance of discreet, adult-led sessions and carefully planned continuous provision where children have the opportunity to investigate and apply their learning using both the indoor and outdoor environments. We want our children to become confident, independent learners so it is vital that they feel safe, supported and nurtured at every point of their time with us in EYFS. All staff in our EYFS team have a thorough understanding of the EYFS curriculum and how to support children effectively.
It is our aim that children will leave the EYFS as resilient, independent and reflective learners. Through a range of experiences, we want children to learn how to work together collectively and become responsible, respectful members of the EYFS community.
As an EYFS team we aim to:
- Create a stimulating learning environment which ensures each child reaches their full potential through taking risks and becoming confident to try new things.
- Ensure that every child receives a broad and balanced education of the highest standard, and are helped to discover their individual strengths.
- Create a safe, caring, happy community where every child feels safe, nurtured and supported.
- Encourage respect for each other and the environment.
- Create reflective, resourceful, resilient, confident and independent learners.
- Nurture the spiritual, moral, social, emotional and physical wellbeing of each individual.
- Build strong relationships with families to create an open and welcoming school.
Children follow the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum, which includes:
The prime areas of learning;
- Communication and language
- Physical development
- Personal, social, and emotional development
The specific areas of learning;
- Understanding of the World
- Expressive arts and design
Our Adventure Inspired Curriculum
Our Early Years Curriculum is made unique by carefully planned adventures that inspire and engage children during the time that they are with us. Adventures are driven by specially selected high-quality key texts that our children and staff love. Please explore our long term plan for the year to see what we will be learning about across the EYFS.
Enriching the Curriculum
We love to enhance our children’s learning in EYFS by incorporating a range of enriching learning experiences. We have our annual visit to Santa, last year both staff and children enjoyed a trip to Lower Drayton Farm.
In EYFS we work closely with all subject leaders to ensure learning is high-quality, broad and balanced. We are fortunate that our subject leaders are experts in their area of learning and they often offer advice and support to encourage the individual strengths of each child. EYFS take part in whole school themed days that link to curriculum areas and also welcome visitors in from the local community to enhance our children’s understanding of the world.
Click on the links below to see Nursery and Receptions Long Term Plan: